Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: 3512B
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 1,950hp
- Type: Inboard
- Engine Hours: 18000
- Engine Location: Center
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: C7
- Drive Type: Jet
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 315hp
- Type: Other
- Engine Hours: 2100
- Engine Location: Bow
• Exterior Designer: Ron Holland
• Naval Architect: Ron Holland
• Interior Design: KCA International/RHD
• Built By: MCC (Maritime Concepts and Construction) in collaboration with Cheoy Lee Shipyards, LTD
• Classification: Marshall Islands Yacht Code / Lloyds-MCA Compliant
• Hull: Steel
• Super Structure: Fiberglass
• Cruising Speed: 10 Knots (26 GPH) 12 Knots (40 GPH)
• Maximum Speed: 14 Knots
• Range: 10 Knots = 6,000 NM, 12 Knots = 3,300 NM
• Fuel Capacity: 16,114 US Gallons (61,000 liters)
• Fresh Water: 3,698 US Gallons (14,000 liters)
• Black Water: 422 US Gallons (1,600 liters)
• Grey Water: 422 US Gallons (1,600 liters)
• Complete Exterior Repaint
• Installation of (3) New Generators (2-90kw & 1-70kw/Northern Lights, Full Warranty/February 2022)
• Rebuild of Main Engine
• C-7 Engine Service
• Complete Inspection of all Sea Valves
• Installation of New Transom Door
• Misc. Reef, Re-caulk & Repair of Teak Decks
• Installation of New Shore Power Converters
• Lloyds Compliance & Re-Instatement Surveys
• Interior Décor Re-Fresh incl. Re-finishing of Wood Floors & New Appliances
• Sand Blast of Hull Botton & Application of Primer & Antifouling Coatings
• Removal & Inspection of Main Shaft & Variable Pitch Propeller
• Complete Inspection & Service of Anchor Windlass System & Equipment
• Entering from the aft deck is a very large and open saloon that is connected to the dining area. Moving forward, the guest foyer is to starboard. Ahead of the foyer is the captain's cabin to starboard and the cinema/study to port. The Galley is entered off the port side of the saloon area and fitted out with commercial-grade equipment from Rational, MKN, Hoshizaki, etc... When the Galley was being designed, great attention was given to how the galley would operate smoothly offering full service to the guests.
• DOROTHEA III features a private owner's deck with stateroom, en suite head, and sitting room, consisting of the entire bridge deck from the wheelhouse aft. There are two ways to enter this suite, either via the main internal staircase or from the external bridge deck aft. This makes for the ultimate private owner's suite.
• The owner's lounge is finished with Makassar Ebony wood and the floor is solid walnut. As you enter from the internal passage you first encounter a hidden 44" Samsung TV which raises and lowers out of a cabinet. The TV is connected to a Marantz surround sound system with 5 speakers and also gives access to the onboard Kaleidescape movie server. Moving aft from there is a full-size desk covered in stitched leather. The port side of the lounge has a large U-shaped sofa with an end table, center table, and two chairs. The Master suite and bedroom are divided by pocket doors offering privacy when needed. Two of the large windows on the port side open, offering a fresh breeze. On the starboard side of the room are double-hanging closets offering plenty of storage. The bed located in the center of the cabin is king size. Above the bed is a Swarovski mirror with various star constellations lit by LED lighting.
• In this suite are 3 Marine Air digital air conditioning controls: 1 in the bathroom, 1 in the bedroom, and 1 in the lounge. There are 6 Lutron lighting controls throughout the suite.
• The master bath is located on the forward end of the bedroom. As you enter, straight ahead is an enclosed toilet. From there turning to the right you find a bidet and full-size bath tub; opposite of that is the shower with a steam generator and full body massage showerheads. The floors are marble and the walls are limestone. Music is sent to the bath via the suite A/V system through 2 speakers.
• Forward of the owner's suite is the bridge.
• There are four en suite cabins on the lower deck for seven guests, one of which has been arranged as a gym (can easily be converted).
• The Guest VIP Stateroom is located below deck featuring a king-size bed, sofa/love seat, vanity, and hanging lockers. There is plenty of natural light through two large port lights. The trim work is oak with polished stainless steel hardware and floors are off-white wool carpeting. The A/V system consists of a 32" Samsung TV/Marantz surround sound receiver and a Kaleidescape movie server. Air conditioning is controlled by Marine Air digital controls. Lighting is controlled by 3 Lutron controls. The en suite bath is finished with marble floors and countertops. A Limestone finish is on the walls. The large shower is fitted with Hansgrohe fixtures that operate six body jets and a rain shower overhead.
• The Port Forward Guest Stateroom features a king-size bed, vanity, hanging lockers, and two large port lights for natural light. The trim work is oak with polished stainless steel hardware and floors are off-white wool carpeting. The A/V system consists of a 32" Samsung TV/Marantz surround sound receiver and a Kaleidescape movie server. Lighting is controlled by 3 Lutron lighting controls. Air conditioning is controlled by Marine Air digital controls. The en suite bath is finished with marble floors and limestone walls. There is a single washbasin and large shower with Hansgrohe fixtures that operate the overhead rain shower.
• The Starboard Forward Guest Stateroom features twin berths, vanity, hanging locker, and two large port lights for natural light. The trim work is oak with polished stainless steel and off-white wool carpeting. The A/V system consists of a 32" Samsung TV/Marantz surround sound receiver and a Kaleidescape movie server. Lighting is controlled by 3 Lutron lighting controls. Air conditioning is controlled by Marine Air digital controls. The en suite bath is finished with marble floors and limestone walls. There is a single washbasin and large shower with Hansgrohe fixtures that operate the overhead rain shower.
• The Gym / Spare Guest / Staff Cabin is located on the port side aft guest area. This cabin is currently designed as a gym with a single berth and a small head. However, there is ample space should you want to convert it to a proper fifth guest cabin. The gym is equipped with 1 Techno Gym Unica multi-function weight machine, 1 Techno Gym cycling machine, and 1 Techno Gym treadmill. There are also a variety of free weights. The cabinet is finished with oak trim and walnut flooring.
• Access to the sun deck is either through the interior staircase in the main foyer or up the stairs on the aft main deck. The stairs on the aft main deck offer access to both the boat deck and the sundeck.
• The crew spaces were designed by Ron Holland and finished in a Herreshoff style theme much like a classic sailing yacht. The floors and all trim work are teak, and the walls are finished in a flat white.
• The crew accommodation is exceptionally large and well fitted out, with a large seating area, double captain's cabin (on the main deck), 2 x singles, and 2 x twins with an extra 3rd Pullman.
• The captain's cabin is located on the main deck forward of the starboard side guest entrance with a private head.
• The engineer and chef each have their own cabins which share a head. There are two additional cabins forward, each with two berths, head, and one Pullman berth. All of the cabins have plenty of natural light through large port lights. Each cabin has the Alphatron intercom system which is connected directly to the bridge. The cabins have Clarion stereos with a CD player and 2 JBL speakers. The crew heads are also finished in white with teak trim. The countertops and floors are green Avonite.
• The crew lounge is located forward and below deck. The lounge is set up with a U-shaped dining area with seating for 8. There is a separate crew galley located here with sink, 2 burner conduction hot plate, refrigerator, dishwasher, hood ventilation over burners, and microwave. For entertainment, there is a 45" Samsung TV combined with Marantz surround sound receiver and a Kaleidescape movie server. There is a 21" Sharp CCTV security monitor for watching over the decks. Four port lights offer excellent natural light in this area. In the forward end of the lounge is a set of stairs leading to the foredeck, allowing the crew outdoor access and space without interfering with the guests.
• The laundry room is located in the aft section of the crew's quarters. All new 2015 Equipment includes:
-(2) Miele Professional Series washers
-(2) Miele Professional Series dryers
-(1) Miele Allerwash washer for delicates
• Caterpillar 3512B (18,000hrs./February 2022)
• Continuous rated for 1911 BHP @ 1600 RPM
• Top-end rebuild @12,500 hours
• Heinen and Hopman eng. room ventilation
• Fully air-conditioned engine control room
• Caterpillar C7/315 H.P. (2100hrs./February 2022)
• ZF 7540 NR 4.5:1
• Schottel SPJ 57 Pump-Jet
• Niad Hydraulic 50KW
• Quantum Zero speed with engine-driven hydraulic from main combined to two 12.5
kW for at anchor stabilization
• 2 x 90 kW Northern Lights 50 Hz (New, Full Warranty/February 2022)
• 1 x 70 kW Northern Lights 50 Hz (New, Full Warranty/February 2022)
• HEM water maker 4,000 gallons per day
• Spot Zero 4000 gallons per day
• Fresh water purification through 3 media tanks/all potable water filtered through 2 Spot Zero Freshwater Reverse Osmosis systems-providing extremely clean/safe water for the entire freshwater system.
• Headhunter Tidal Wave (600 gpd)
• 220/380 V,50 Hz onboard
• ASEA, Multi-Power Converter putting out 400 Volts A/C 50 Hz
• Like many other commercial vessels, DOROTHEA III is designed with a single propeller that combines benefits such as:
-Fewer pollutant emissions (-35%)
-Increased safety with two totally separate engine rooms
-Consuming only 100 liters (26.4 gallons per hour total) at 10 knots offering a range of over 6,000 nautical miles
• SATcom: (1) Intellian V 100 VSAT KU band
• VHF: (2) Sailor FB 250, (2) Sailor FB 500
• Radar: (1) Furuno S Band 2137 50 kW radar with 8' Array, (1) Furuno X Band 2127 25 kW radar with 6' Array
• Gyrocompass: (1) Simrad Lazer Gyro
• Laser Plotter: Tranas Marine ECS Plotter with World folio
• Anchor Windlass System: Maxwell SY22 Hydraulic Windless
• Aft Warping Capstans: Maxwell VC 6000 Hydraulic Capstans
• Anchors: (2) Bruce Type Anchors with TYP 80 Swivels
• Boat Crane and Davits: Nautical Structure EZ 5500 Knuckle Folding Crane with 8.53-meter reach
• Passerelle: Opacmare 6 meter Hydraulic Stern Passarelle, Opacmare Hydraulic Side Boarding Ladder
• CCTV System: Maxi-Guard PC based system with remote screen with monitoring in Pilot House, Crew Lounge, and Captain's Cabin
• Alphatron security systems with 8 cameras
• Close circuit TV surveillance
• Sprinkler and CO2 (engine room) fire fighting Praxis Automation monitoring systems
• The foredeck carries two tenders in fully enclosed compartments allowing for other items to be stored on top (such as submarine or automobile).
-2009 21' Castoldi Jet Tender with 500 hrs
-1 Zodiac MDK 16' Inflatable (MIL Spec)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.